Translate

Monday, February 10, 2014

Coming back soon, I hope


I suspect that anyone who followed this blog has long given up on it.  It's been a long dry spell with no posts.

I've been coping with cancer for the past several months, dealing with "chemo brain".  One of the side effects of chemo therapy is a fuzzy brain - inability to concentrate and focus on anything for very long.  Genealogy requires the kind of thinking and focus that has been beyond me for a while. Even reading is not easy.  I've temporarily given up on the complex mysteries that I love, and have been making do with what I call "fluffy" books.  Easy reads.  No real thinking.

But there's finally light at the end of the tunnel.  I'll be done with chemo at the end of February; and I'm hopeful that my mental faculties with return to normal before long.  There's still 6 weeks of radiation to get through, but the end is in sight.

On Saturday I attended an all day seminar by John Colleta.  He's a great speaker who has re-ignited the flame that was just an ember for so many months.

I'm hopeful that you'll hear from me again soon.


1 comment: