Translate

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

On to Plan B



Or is it Plan C?  I’ve exhausted my latest strategy for finding more Dachtera ancestors in Poland.  I’m still re-reading films that I read many years ago, but I seem to have gotten whatever there is to get from them. Now I’ll order films from other nearby parishes.  The BaSIA project in Poland tells where families with a given surname are located in the country. Naturally, my focus has been on the areas where my name is the most dense, but if I have no luck, I guess I’ll need to look to other towns.

One idea was to try to identify the age range in order to narrow down the range of years to look for births and marriages.  But that’s pretty loose.  A man probably married between the ages of 20 and 30.  He could have fathered children for 30 years or more.  The range is very broad.  I’ll have to look very carefully at all of the records so as not to miss a clue somewhere.

It will take a couple of weeks for microfilms to arrive so, while waiting, I’ll shift gears and go back to the Rose family – they’ve not had any attention for a while.  Maybe the time away from them will give me a fresh perspective there. 




No comments:

Post a Comment